Easy Activities for Parents to do with their Child
- Have the child write a letter to the person that has died.
- Have a balloon launch. Allow the child to place a personal message into a balloon and then fill it with helium and launch it to their loved one.
- Have the child draw a picture of their family, and let the child explain the picture to you.
- Allow your child to put on a puppet show, and help them if needed.
- Make a scrapbook or a memory box that can be the child's own special memories of their loved one.
- Draw a picture of a person, and let the child place Band-Aids or color the places on their body that hurt because of the death of a loved one.
- Use the Activity Workbook, The Healing Book - Facing the death and Celebrating the Life of Someone You Love